Followers

Wednesday 11 November 2015

CRAFTING FOR ALL SEASONS #114

Theme is EMBOSSING
and our sponsor is

he prize for this challenge is 3 images from our sponsors store so come along and join in the fun!
I decided to make a tag for my DT project and use a Scrappers Delight image I already had.


I love Christmas and Poinsettias so this image was perfect.
Ive not done a lot of colouringbut I was really pleased with how this turned out.

First I cut out a tag shape, on my Silhouette Cameo, using Kraft card. I cut it out twice and stuck them together using double-sided sticky tape. I prefer it to glue for some projects.
I covered the back of the tag in some Xmas looking stripey paper from my stash.
I always have lots of little bits of left over card I can use for small bits for a card.
Next I covered the front in a green Xmas themed paper and stuck it again with double-sided tape.
I then cut half a tag out on my Cameo in a red embossed card and stuck that to my tag in the same way as before.
I then added a small laser cut Xmas bauble with red and green twine threaded through the top. I placed this at an angle in the bottom right corner, the twine I fastened under the petals of the Poinsettia.

I coloured the Poinsettia using Spectrum Noir pens with these colours...
FLOWER PETALS: 
DR7, DR6, DR4, CR11, CR6
LEAVES:
JG6, DG3, DG4, CG4, LG5
CENTRE:
OR1, LY3
In the bottom left corner I placed a small printed Xmas sentiment.
In the top right corner I put a red heart on a peg and through the hole in the top of the tag I threaded a piece of red ribbon and tied a knot.
Everything I used came from my own stash.
I hope you like what I did and will come along and join in our challenge.
I hope too my project will give you lots of inspiration.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I look forward to seeing your creations.

Happy crafting!  
Mary xx



7 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful poinsettia love the card hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful poinsettia love the card hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project hun, love the poinsettia. Thank you for a great challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project hun, love the poinsettia. Thank you for a great challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A FABulous tag! I LOve your colours and such a pretty Poinsettia
    Lush bow too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for visiting my blog today!
I will always read all comments.
If you have a question please do ask.